Wednesday 28 September 2011

DESIGN 2 PROJECT 4 - GIFTING (TRAM STATION)

My design is a combination of a Pacific Island fale and waka together with some Tongan arts patterns which I think is my gift to the people of the Auckland City Area that are very busy everyday and night with the activities and works that runs the whole Auckland City Area.  My design is to provide people that are to use the trams to take off their mind and thoughts from the stressful and tiring ways of life they are used to in Auckland city and imagine they are in the Pacific Island environment and enjoy the peace and quietness of the little islands.

The three spots that I chose for my tram station locations will each have my tram station design which are all surrounded by trees and green plants similar to the Pacific Island environments where there are more trees and green plants comparing to Auckland City where high buildings and roads nearly replaced most of its area.  Therefore my design would probably give the users idea that they were being dropped off by flying wakas and picked up by trams from the three stations because we know for sure that wakas only travel in the ocean not on land.  Not only this but the Pacific arts on walls thanks to my mother for allowing me to use her authentic designs for tapa cloth on my projects.  This also gives people the feeling of being in the Pacific Island environment where most people here in Auckland love to go for vacation.  Here are some snapshots of the little model of my design to give some ideas of what I've mentioned above:







No comments:

Post a Comment